Wednesday 15 May 2013

Weekend with my sister.

Hello again, well this weekend my sister came down to stay for a long weekend I don't see her very often so it's always nice when she comes down to stay, so we decided all to go for a nice pub meal on Saturday night and what better place to go but the nobody's inn at doddiscombsleigh, i unfortunately in the heat of excitement and good company forgot to take pictures of the food of course the two glasses of wine didn't help yes I'm light weight when it comes to alcohol hehe, so I thought I would show u pictures of when Matt and I ( my boyfriend) went there before last year on their fish night and we enjoyed it so much,  it's very affordable and the quality of food is good,  it's not fine dinning just nice relaxed pub food, they change there menu very often so don't get your heart set on anything on the menu online i have made that mistake before but the waitress did tell me for the lovers of sweet things that the sticky ginger pudding is always on the menu as its a big favourite,  of course my boyfriend who loves all things sweet had it on the weekend and he said it was lovely.
I'm a great lover of fish so the fish night was perfect for me they do it on Tuesday nights also a steak night too,  I got to pick what fish i wanted from a big list and what carb, vegetables, and sauce, of course I went for hake as its my favourite fish, dauphinoise potatoes , green beans and a garlic sauce and it was very tasty Matt went for fish a chips which looked amazing. We also had a goat cheese tart for starter and a terrine and Matt had a caramel apple crumble and I had a selection of cheese from a massive menu of local cheeses, I'm a  lover of cheese so this was my heaven defiantly a place worth going back too. here is a link to their website.















 
Ill add a little outfit post too and show u what I wore for the evening, I'm one of those people come rain or shine ill be wearing a dress,  it was cold weather Saturday but I love this dress so much I just had to wear it. 
 






 
Dress is from jack wills
black jacket new look a few years ago.
broach marks and spencer's few years ago.
gorgeous handmade ring from by jaymie
 
Hope you enjoyed my post.
Love helenjayne x 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment