Sunday 16 June 2013

Whitstable

Hello again!! Hope you are all enjoying the lovely weather, I have has such a busy week my boyfriend and I took his mom to whitstable for her birthday on Tuesday and Wednesday last week to go to our favourite restaurant "The sportsman" in whitstable it's a Michelin star restaurant and it's amazing, i live in Devon so it takes us a good 6hrs travelling to get there but its well worth it.
It's just a stone throw from the beach and the food is just superb we usually stay the night before in whitstable and then walk there the next day which is just lovely along the beach its about 6 miles from whitstable which took us a bout an hr and a half.
 It's one of those places that u can turn up in casual clothes so not pretentious at all,  they have a lot of walkers and cyclists that just pop in and dogs are allowed too on leads of course so its not your typical Michelin star restaurant,  the staff are so friendly and inviting and it's just so relaxing we decided to go for the tasting menu which i have done once before,  I did the winter menu last time and it was so good my boyfriend has been eight times so you can say he is a bit obsessed with the place and I can see why,  they do a normal menu as well and they change their menu often so its always a surprise which I love.
 The tasting menu can change in the amount of courses you get because my boyfriend has been a lot we get a few extras we had eighteen courses which took us about four hrs I know your probably thinking eighteen courses how did u eat so much?! he he but they brought them out slowly we had breaks in between each course i wouldn't recommend if you do go eating much before because i did feel stuffed after!!.
these are a few pictures of our walk and the amazing menu and food.
























Fresh strawberry ice cream amazing!!.
Strawberry sandwich.



Menu of just a few of the courses we had.

Hope you enjoyed my post.
Love Helenjayne xx

No comments:

Post a Comment